Top 7 foods to eat during the course of Radiation Therapy
- First two weeks of Radiation therapy normal food habit just avoid spicy food.
- The third week onwards start taking semisolid food such as porridge, vegetable juice, fruits, tender coconut water and it’s soft flesh.
- Food is important during the course of Radiation Therapy as this will help in giving energy to
the body as well as maintains your health during the course of Radiation Therapy.
- Drink lots of water. A person receiving Radiation therapy is recommended to drink lots of
water as this will keep him or her well hydrated. All person’s working in the field of Radiation
need to drink lots of water.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water and maximum up to 4-5 liters. This will flush off all the toxins in
your body and keep your kidneys healthy and functional.
Top 7 foods items
- Eat lots of raw vegetables, cut in small pieces or scrape it into pieces add flavors of your choice.
- Eat lots of fruits such as grapes, pineapple, fig, pomegranates, Apples, etc., fruits are rich in antioxidants. During the course of Radiation Therapy, it is important to maintain the weight as this will help you withstand the treatment and to complete the course of Radiation Therapy with minimal side effects.
- Eating fruits nicely chopped into small pieces in regular intervals throughout the day will keep you energized, fit and hydrated. Cucumbers, watermelons should be consumed to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid this if you are having a cold and a cough.
- Boiled eggs are a good source of proteins, which can be consumed for better results.
- Boiled vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals. Consume it by boiling and have it cooked well, add sugar to it or just have it.
- Eat more citrus fruits like orange, lemon recipes, juices contains Vitamin C
- Green leaves contain vitamin and minerals nutrients without any side effects
- consume more organics food materials
Regular medications should be followed as per Doctors advice.
Resume to a normal diet after 4 weeks of completion of Radiation Therapy course.
If you are diabetic patient please consult your doctor or dietician for better outcomes.
If you under any medications inform your doctor about it.
Foods to avoid during the course of Radiation Therapy:
- Chicken, mutton, fish, pork or any non-veg items
- Noodles items
- Fried food
- Crabs, prawns, etc
- Limit the use of wheat foods
- Potatoes, and any other gas-forming foods.
Take food at regular intervals of every 3 to 4 hours. if fails
Eat at least 6 to 8 times a day during the course of radiation therapy.